Mt. Pulag National Park - The Next Mountaineering Destination
Mount is one of the most breathtaking attractions in Luzon. A lot of local and international mountaineers visit this area to have fun, excitement, and adventure.
Mount Pulag can be found in Cordillera Range, Benguet. The borders between the provinces of Benguet, Ifugao, and Nueva Vizcaya meet at the mountain's peak.
This is the third highest mountain in the Philippines, with a height of 2,922 meters, next to Mount Apo and Mount Dulang-Dulang. This beautiful mountain possesses a magical view and wonderful sights. The native tribes say that Mount Pulag is the “Playground of Gods”. It is the natural habitat of the endemic Dwarf Bamboo and the Benguet Pines, and a home of a family of four species of cloud rats which can only be found in the area of Benguet. When you climb to the mountain, you will feel the cold and revitalizing blows of the winds because of the high altitude.
Many pine trees can be seen on this mountain. The highlights of the climb consist of the distinct view of the forests and the grassland summit with its “sea of clouds” occurrence.
At the top of the mountain, you can witness the wonderful sunrise and sunset. I think it is one of the main reasons why people go and hike the peak of the mountain. The view at the top is very surprising and relaxing, you will forget all your problems and stress. The ambiance is very peaceful. It is so comforting!
The travel to the park, the hike to the summit, and the conquering of the peak itself are very rewarding. You will feel that you're on top of the world! I really recommend Mount Pulag as your next mountaineering destination.
Here is a list of some hotels that can be found in Baguio City. The city is located in the province of Benguet.
- Golden Pine Hotel - Carino corner Yandoc Streets, Baguio City Proper, Baguio
- Banaue Hotel - Banaue, Ifugao, Banaue, Baguio
- Casa Vallejo Hotel - Upper Session Road, Baguio City Proper, Baguio
- Microtel Hotels & Resorts Baguio - Upper Session Road, Baguio City Proper, Baguio
- Citylight Hotel - 245 Upper General Luna Road, Baguio City Proper, Baguio
- Prince Plaza Hotel - 17 Legarda Road, Baguio City Proper, Baguio
- Baguio Country Club - Country Club Road, Baguio Country Club, Baguio
- Chalet Baguio - Upper Military Cutoff Road, Baguio City Proper, Baguio
- Le Monet Hotel - Ordonio Drive, Camp John Hay, Baguio
- Tiptop Vacation Homes - 70A, Ambuklao Road, Simsim Compound, Tiptop, Pacdal, Baguio City Proper, Baguio
- Azalea Residences - 7 Leonard Wood Loop, Brgy. Manuel Roxas, Baguio City Proper, Baguio
Tourists can reach Benguet by land. Baguio City is the gateway to Benguet Province. There are a number of bus lines from Manila that have daily trips to Baguio. The travel time is about 5 to 7 hours.
Terminals that have buses that ply routes to Baguio:
- Caloocan City Terminals
- Pasay Terminals
- Cubao Terminal
Buses, jeepneys and taxis are available as a mode of transportation when touring the province of Benguet.