Summer Recipe: Easy-to-Make Avocado Sorbetes
We used our local avocados in this recipe. We suggest that you do this during the Avocado season so you can select the best varieties and at the same time getting them at a cheaper price. Avocado Sorbetes is rich, smooth, creamy, and ever so tasty, perfect for any occasion.
- 2 Ripe Avocados, mashed or scooped
- 1 tbsp. calamansi juice or any citrus
- 2 packs (250ml) nestle cream, well chilled
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- A pinch of salt
- green food coloring, optional
- Cashews, roughly chopped for toppings (optional)
- Chocolate Syrup, (optional)
- To prepare the sorbetes, wash avocados, slice and discard the pit. Scrape the avocado flesh using a teaspoon or a shred peeler and places it on a large bowl, and add the calamansi juice. Add in 2 packs (@250ml) chilled nestle cream, a half cup of sweetened condensed milk and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the avocado with an electric mixer until smooth and incorporated. Taste test the avocado mixture if you wish to be a little bit sweeter just add a little more from the remaining sweetened condensed milk and mix again until well blended. You can do it manually with a whisk if you want, but I find it easy and fast using a hand mixer.
- Cover with a lid, plastic or anything and freeze until partially set about an hour or less. Take off from the freezer and mix it again with the electric mixer until smooth, cover and freeze for another hour. Again, do it for the last time and freeze until it is ready to be served.